Truepoint Talks: Looking Beyond the S&P 500
On May 19, Truepoint welcomed Jake DeKinder, head of client communications and vice president at Dimensional Fund Advisors to offer a broader perspective on financial markets. Joining Jake in the conversation was Truepoint’s marketing specialist, Abby Tuke.
The natural starting point was a quick assessment of what’s happened over the past couple of months, looking specifically at the S&P 500 index. From there, we went beyond the S&P 500 to look at the other asset classes our clients’ portfolios are invested in and to tackle questions like:
- Why does this current period feel so different from previous recessions?
- Will volatility return with the economy beginning to restart?
- Should investors change their expectations based on recent events?
- Does it still make sense to diversify globally?
- What does it mean to invest in value and growth companies?
Along the way, we took a few questions from clients, touching on some of these topics. The full conversation with Abby and Jake can be viewed below: