Last December, my colleague, Courtney Weber, wrote the Viewpoint, “What is Wealth Management?” In it, Courtney stated that a successful wealth management experience ultimately leads to a long-term relationship between a client and his or her team of advisors. Truepoint works to develop long-term advisory relationships that are rooted in mutual respect and genuine interest in the clients and their families. We strive to be more than just a firm that provides investment, tax, and financial planning advice. We partner with our clients to achieve their goals.
Central to our approach as a firm are the following values:
- We provide independent, unbiased advice on a fee-only basis. As a fiduciary, we place our clients’ interests ahead of our own.
- We integrate our services and work as a team. Our clients not only work with a lead advisor, but may be introduced to other members of the Truepoint team who specialize in investments, tax planning, or estate planning. The team of advisors will always work together to develop the right solutions for our clients.
- We focus on providing a superior client experience. We serve our clients as we would serve our own families and focus on exceeding expectations.
As with any relationship, the success of working together can only be achieved if both parties actively engage and communicate with each other. To facilitate this relationship, Truepoint has drafted and adopted expectations for what a healthy advisory relationship should look like for both the advisor and client.
As your team of advisors, Truepoint is committed to:
- Focusing on doing what is best for you, the client.
- Providing clarity in the management of your financial life, proving ourselves worthy of your confidence.
- Customizing your financial strategy to your unique circumstances.
- Proactively managing your financial interests, identifying opportunities relevant to your situation.
- Listening to you and striving to understand your financial concerns.
- Promptly responding to your emails and phone calls.
Similarly, we ask our clients to bring focus and attention to our relationship, following these standards:
- Recognizing the importance of periodic meetings, calls, or emails with Truepoint. These ensure an open line of communication at all times.
- Sharing complete information, goals, and personal preferences with us. This helps us provide the most appropriate recommendations for you.
- Understanding that your financial plan is a long-term roadmap to achieving your goals. It is not necessary to update it with each natural ebb and flow of the financial markets.
- Providing us with feedback. This is achieved by participating in our periodic client satisfaction surveys, as well as communicating your needs at any time, so that we can ultimately improve our service to you.
Truepoint’s success can be attributed to our employees taking the time to nurture our client relationships and always doing what is best for our clients. Good communication and alignment on a common goal is the foundation of this relationship, enabling us to provide our clients with a successful experience.
If you are not currently a client but would like to learn more about Truepoint’s services, please contact Lisa Reynolds. If you are a client and would like to learn more about this Viewpoint topic, please contact your lead advisor.